Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The wordless concepts of a tacit knowledge, Part 1.

Of all the information and insights that I have contemplated over the years, none would be more relevant and timely than the conceptual and abstract knowledge I have gathered on some aspects of management.

I would say that after having partially accomplished my first trimester a graduate student of MIS in APC, it is the concepts in the different gradations of management that has always eluded me.  Yes, it is true that there is a multitude of frameworks that can be applied for specific scenarios in management, as it was repeatedly stated to me by colleagues.   However, it was my perception during the previous trimester, that I was not able to equip myself with the right tools to be able to comprehend the management concepts in supply chain that I kept on sifting the case studies for details in order for me to answer the guide questions about the scenarios.

I figured that the framework I was using in learning was for me to fully understand new concepts, I should have partially experienced it before and have some insights about it.

When learning new programming language, I would normally try to understand its most basic instructions and be able to infer other functionalities as I went along.  Hence, for management concepts, like supply chain management, I was very fixated in understanding all the little nuances I thought I needed for me to be able to move on and grasp succeeding ideas related to it.

It was only when I started to broaden my perspectives and let go of the need to fully understand the low level details in supply chain management that I began to see how related is supply chain to the tasks that I have been performing ever since.  It was only when I stepped back and started to view a bigger picture that I actually found the details I was looking for in the first place.

Ultimately, this yet to be proven framework that I stumbled upon helped me in answering my final project for that course and I was able to articulate my proposed process improvements and easily related them to some of the different topics in supply chain.


With this undocumented framework, I am once more faced with another tacit insight that I have to be able to explicitly recount if I am to confidently engage forthcoming management topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment