Saturday, April 18, 2015

Leaders are teachers

One of our requirements for this phase in my graduate degree education  was an individual insight on leadership.

It goes without saying that, during the time when I was in a situation where I would assist and train our new hires in the previous company I was connected to, or in a more recent narration where I had the honor of collaborating with passionate and committed students who would be willing to put in the time and effort to prepare for either a competition or develop a project that did not have any grade implications.  I just formerly viewed these situations as being able to help my trainees or students to achieve their potentials as technical individuals and that they get to contribute to the organization we were in.

In retrospect, I only realized now, with the help of recurring discussions in leadership that I had with colleagues and supervisors, that those instances of training, mentoring and coaching were already in a level of degree, scenarios of leadership/

I am definitely not saying that I am now a great leader, though I would say, if those were indeed glimpses of leadership, then I do believe that I am slowly acquiring the competencies required to be one, and I am actually happy with that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment