Saturday, April 18, 2015

The discouraging situation of the fictional character named Suzie Wong

Looking back, the fictional character that is Suzie Wong in one of our cases was someone I had related to significantly easy.

The cases was one of our class' earlier discussions, and it had hit me right in the face by making me recall previous instances that I encountered in different organizations, when I played the role of a "Suzie Wong".

Now I think about it, even though I would have probably been right on those occasions where I would go against the natural flow and decisions of administrators and managers, I now know better and understand more that sometimes, if not often, situations are not supposed to be categorized as binary, and that people not being completely correct does not imply that they were wrong.

Ultimately, the lesson that was supposed to have been learned during the first occurrence and the likewise in the succeeding similar instances as well, was that in organizations that is made up of varying personalities, people skills plays a hard strong role just as much as technical proficiency do.

No comments:

Post a Comment