Sunday, April 19, 2015

The journey is the strategy to learn the lessons

The first time I have heard the requirements we were suppose to deliver in one management class, I immediately thought that I have no idea how these were supposed to be done.  The first thing that came to my mind was to have the requirements validated at every step of the development.

True enough, that our teacher said that just submit it during the intended deadline and that I should just live through the entire process of creating the requirements.  The teacher said that the journey itself would provide me with the confirmation and validation that longed for.

It was only when I started going through this trimester one week at a time that I got to fathom what my teacher said.  That the journey itself was the design to reach my end goals.  I had the sentiment that for me to accomplish the given tasks, I should have previously acquired all of the lessons, validations techniques and right set of tools.  Moreover, not having these items available to me at the start would just frustrate me and would just leave me back at square one.

In hindsight, I never knew how way off this notion was, and that all of these prerequisites were going to be inherently acquired in the journey as the lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment